This got popular on my fb page so I figured I’d put it here. From my time at UCLA and USC gyms…
- The dude that grunts awkwardly and loud.
- The girl that stretches…for an hour…in the ways that make the most ‘experienced’ people blush.
- The dude who sweats like a he exited a sauna… and doesn’t wipe down.
- The girl you hope is eating… more than just a grape a day.
- The dude who makes you wonder why he is here. You’re done bro, your muscles have muscles.
- The girl that is running on the treadmill when you walk in on Monday… is there when you walk out and on the same treadmill when you walk in on Wednesday, making you wonder if she has ever stopped.
- The dude that works the entire gym in a circuit and asks to use your machine in between your reps… then doesn’t put your weights back.
- The girl on the elliptical that looks like she is running through the high grass of the Serengeti.
- The dude that makes you look good for curling 20 Lbs. But you grab a 35 anyway.
- The girl on that leg machine you swear does absolutely nothing… (then she starts texting).
- That really skinny dude that benches 200. (What the? I have more muscles in my finger’s belly… i dont even …what?)
- The girl who won’t get off the squat rack. (I know what you are doing but it doesn’t appear to be working).
- That guy who ties weights to himself then does pull-ups. (Oh okay…)
- That one buff chick.
- That dude who… that… she?… I wish I brought my glasses.
- That dude who acts like it’s hot so he rolls up his shirt to show off six pack…wait is that 9?… (Stahp).
- The girl wearing short boy shorts… and rolls down the top part of it to make them shorter (…why).
- The two little dudes who spot one another… but end up talking the entire time.
- The girl who wipes everything. (Hail the new super bug).
- The black guy you swear is an athlete… you hope… maybe… (even though you know they have their own gym).
- The girl who is curling a 2 lb weight…
- The dude who is curling the girl with the 2 lb weight.
- The dude who wears a speedo right in front of your locker… (but who never went swimming o_0)
- That girl doing one handed push ups…
…then you realize the guy who was grunting awkwardly loud, was actually counting. (Come on do it in your head bro).
This is a GREAT read. :)
Has the loss of true boredom, due to the digital revolution, led to a collapse in artistic creativity and innovation?
… i say yes. YES.
Congress has a 9% approval rating yet the people return members to congress at 90%.
Shut up and stop complaining, you ordered McDonald’s now don’t expect a Filet Mignon.
Anonymous asked: i dont think anyone is disallowing the Boy Scouts from following their policies. No one is stopping them. It's just that people are withdrawing their support and airing criticisms. Also, if you don't mind I just had some hypotheticals if you have time to answer? If you were a governor, would you veto a bill legalizing same-sex marriage? Would you veto a bill legalizing adoption by gay couples? What would you say to your child if he/she were gay?
No, no one is disallowing them, I agree. But what is happening is that they are now being pressured to turn their back on morality and core principals of which they have held for a long time.
Whether or not a company agrees with their policy, that doesn’t have to dictate how said company treats them.
Hypotheticals: (1) I would not legalize a bill on same-sex marriage if it does not have over 60% favorability in the state. There are 2 types of ways elected leaders govern in a Representative Republic like we have in the United States. (a) By reflecting perfectly the constituents (therefore putting aside their beliefs and acting as Delegate of the people. The other (b) is for the elected leader to act as a Trustee - where the political leader uses his own judgement to do what is best for the people; after all, they elected him to make those decisions based off his policies. As Governor I would have been elected as a conservative voice and therefore would exercise said judgement as a trustee. I would not purely do my work as a trustee (I believe pure trustee-ism is foolish) but if the measure/bill had 60%+ support, I would do the will of the people and allow it to pass (or sign it into law). While I take this decision, I still would not do it willfully but would need some time to consider… God held the Kings of Israel responsible for the moral decay of society.
(2) See above response.
(3) I would say that I love them dearly, with all my heart… but I do not agree with their lifestyle. I would show them why, i the Bible, and through reasoning (they go hand in hand) why I believe what I believe and why I am steadfast in doing so. Would I change my mind on the votes (as you called for in the first 2 questions), absolutely not.
Recently 2 Republican congressmen changed their minds on gay marriage because their children came out as gay, and thats fine but I find that a weak reason for doing so. Check out this article by Dennis Prager “Even if your Child is gay.”