It’s a question we’ve been asking around here for a long time. Why is the President spending more time with celebrities like Jay-Z and David Letterman than meeting with the leaders of our allies like Israel and Germany? Finally, things are getting so ridiculous that even the mainstream media is taking notice.
First up, on CNN, the analyst said it “looked a little foolish for the President to be talking about some of the issues on the view with the girls on the couch while the Secretary [of State] was meeting with all of these leaders…”
CNN isn’t the only mainstream outlet to notice the President’s unpresidential behavior. Liberal columnist Dana Milbank at the Washington Post is also frowning.
As heads of government arrived in New York on Monday to attend the opening of the United Nations General Assembly, President Obama also made his way to Manhattan but to see a different group of world leaders: Barbara, Elisabeth, Joy, Sherri and Whoopi.
It bordered on scandalous that Obama, joined by the first lady, would make time to sit down with the women of “The View” even as he declined foreign leaders’ requests to meet with him one on one in New York this week. (He left that menial task to his secretary of state.)
The CS Monitor noticed too:
President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama were guests Tuesday on ABC’s “The View,” the talk show with the numerous female hosts. It’s an appearance the First Couple taped Monday after they arrived in New York for the opening of the annual meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Mr. Obama also found time to jam in a quick appearance on NBC’s “Today” to talk education policy. But he hasn’t scheduled a one-on-one meeting with any of the foreign leaders who’ve come to New York for the UN festivities.
Even the LA Times is scratching their heads, as the President chooses campaigning over diplomacy:
A stack of international problems piling up six weeks before election day has been competing with the campaign for President Obama’s time. Critics were quick to note on Monday which side appears to have won this week.
As Obama headed to New York for the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly, the president has no meetings with other leaders scheduled during his day and a half in New York. The low-intensity approach to the gathering was only underlined by the sitdown the president did make time for – an interview with the women of ABC’s daytime talk fest “The View.”
Welcome to the story “real journalists.” What took you so long?
- justonegirlinohio reblogged this from conservativestoday
- loveyouramerica reblogged this from veevenessa
- solidsteve likes this
- facelessking likes this
- jackbandit reblogged this from whatsbeenonmymind and added:
- geeohpea reblogged this from nomosshere
- nomosshere reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- proofofexistence reblogged this from poorrichardsnews and added:
- atimeforchoosing reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- nomosshere likes this
- carolinagirl-bestintheworld reblogged this from camouflagegirl
- shakalakapornstar reblogged this from luxetveritas94
- maddylester likes this
- veevenessa reblogged this from conservativestoday
- glitterandglam-dan likes this
- theonecalledbiz reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- topherlopher likes this
- victor2k reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- whataboutprom likes this
- go-bright-light reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- liddoassjaymiex3 likes this
- realanimetraining likes this
- whatsbeenonmymind reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- conservativestoday reblogged this from loveyouramerica
- honeyscrumptious likes this
- camouflagegirl reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- the-liberty-republican likes this
- southern-conservative reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- poorrichardsnews posted this